Bike for Israeli Soldiers
Get a group together to host a bike-a-thon to raise money for families of war and terror victims.
- Number of Hours: 3
Do it Yourself Project
What To Do:
- Set a date and time and arrange a bike route for the event.
- Create a pledge card and print out copies. Have a list of suggested general donations and options to sponsor, for example, ten dollars for every mile a biker travels.
- Design a flyer and post it in local schools, libraries, and shuls. Advertise the bike-a-thon through Facebook and email. An ad can also be placed in a local newspaper or magazine if the funds are available.
- Ask family and friends to sponsor the event. Give them a copy of the flyer and pledge card and ask them to pass it along to their friends.
- Arrange a prize for the biker who raises the most money (e.g. a gift certificate or cash prize from a sponsor).
- Buy water for the bikers that can be passed out before they start biking or have volunteers stand at designated spots to hand it to them out during the event.
- Prepare a barbeque at the finish line. Make sure the location allows – it might be convenient to end the route at your Chabad house or community center for this purpose. Buy buns, hot dogs, burgers, ketchup, mustard, garbage bags, and paper goods according to estimated attendance. Have volunteers set it up half an hour before the race ends.
- Contact 212-681-7800 to send the raised funds to war and terror victims.
What You Need:
- Pledge card
- Food for barbeque
- Paper goods
- Trash bags
Who Is On Board