PlayStation Tournament Supporting the IDF
Host a PlayStation tournament to raise money for the IDF.
- Number of Hours: 3
Do it Yourself Project
Technology, Organization, Fundraising
What To Do:
- Make arrangements with your Chabad house or Jewish community center for the day of the tournament.
- Find a family in your community to donate their PlayStation equipment for the event.
- Create a pledge card for the event and print out copies. Have a list of suggested general donations and options to sponsor.
- Design a flyer and post it in local schools, libraries, and shuls. Advertise the tournament through Facebook and email. An ad can also be placed in a local newspaper or magazine if the funds are available.
- Ask family and friends to sponsor the event. Give them a copy of the flyer and pledge card and ask them to pass it along to their friends.
- Arrange a prize for the tournament winner (e.g. a gift certificate or cash prize from a sponsor).
- Decide on CDs to bring to the event or create an iPod playlist.
- Organize refreshments for the event: pizza and drinks, for example.
- Arrive 40 minutes before the event to set up.
- Donate the money raised to the IDF. (fidf.org)
What You Need:
- Pledge card
Who Is On Board