Rosh Hashana with the Elderly
Make apple & honey packages to hand out at hospitals for Rosh Hashana.
- Number of Hours: 3
Do it Yourself Project
Organization, Jewish Tradition
What To Do:
- Call local hospitals and ask the chaplain or volunteer service when you can come drop off packages for the Jewish new year.
- Arrange transportation to the hospital for the day and time you organize.
- Order honey sticks online at: http://www.honeylocator.com/kosher_results.asp. This should be done early.
- Order apples close to the day of the event.
- Buy white address labels and print out a Rosh Hashana greeting on them to stick to the packages.
- Organize a group to put together 500-1,000 apple & honey packages. Attach the honey sticks to the apples with the greeting labels.
- Distribute the packages to the patients.
What You Need:
- Honey sticks
- Address labels
Who Is On Board