Packing Shmurah Matzah
Team up with your local Chabad house or Jewish Community Center and order shmurah matzah and boxes to pack and distribute.
- Number of Hours: 3
Do it Yourself Project
Community, Needy, Jewish Tradition
What To Do:
- Estimate how many matzahs you want to distribute to Jews in the community. Place an order with a local shmurah matzah bakery and find out when they will be delivered.
- Order boxes in which to put the matzahs. Some bakeries will have boxes available. If not, order 14 by 14” boxes in bulk from www.uline.com.
- Set a day and time to pack the matzah boxes.
- Either buy labels and print the host organization’s name on them or write up a letter wishing the recipient a happy Pesach and print out copies.
- Bring an iPod or CD player to the event.
- Set up the event 15 minutes beforehand with music. Organize the matzah, boxes, and labels/letters so that the group can pack them efficiently.
- Arrange transportation to distribute all of the matzah boxes.
What You Need:
- iPod/CD Player
Who Is On Board