Passover Car Wash for the Needy
Organize a group of volunteers to host a car wash and donate proceeds to an organization that can provide the needy with food for Pesach.
- Number of Hours: 3
Do it Yourself Project
PR, Organization, Fundraising
What To Do:
- Decide on a location, date, and time for the car wash. A visible, high traffic gas station would be an ideal location. Contact the property owners of a few gas stations in the area and tell them about the event. Your local Chabad house or community center parking lot would also work as long as you can hook up a water hose.
- Design a flyer and post it in local schools, libraries, community centers, and shuls. If the funds are available, take out in ad in a magazine or newspaper. Also send out emails to friends and create a Facebook event. Make sure to include the car wash price on the flyer and if the group needs more volunteers, provide a contact number for anyone interested in joining.
- Buy the necessary supplies from the local hardware store: buckets, a water hose, soap, sponges, towels, and window wipers.
- Buy drinks for the car wash volunteers.
- Set up music before the event.
- Donate all proceeds to an organization that will be donating food to the needy for Passover.
What You Need:
- Car wash supplies
- iPod/CD Player
Who Is On Board