Make a Shelter Feel Like a Home
Brighten up a homeless shelter with children’s art created through an original art contest.
- Number of Hours: 4
Do it Yourself Project
Organization, Art, Fundraising
What To Do:
- Host an art contest at your school. Speak to the art teacher(s) about the contest and the plan to decorate a homeless shelter.
- Design a flyer, print out copies, and post them around campus. List the date the contest closes and explain where to drop off pieces.
- Decide on a prize for the winner.
- Contact a homeless shelter and offer to decorate their building with the children’s art.
- Get together a group of volunteers to bring the art to the shelter and hang it up. Make sure to bring any necessary tools – nails, hammers, tape, etc.
- Arrange transportation to and from the shelter.
What You Need:
Who Is On Board