Create a Digitized Town History
Create a video of your town’s history and contact a community leader to show it.
- Number of Hours: 3
Do it Yourself Project
What To Do:
- Do preliminary research on your town’s history on the internet and at the library to develop an outline of the events you want to include in the video.
- Contact the historical society and set up an interview. Ask detailed questions about the events you choose to highlight. Bring a volunteer to videotape it.
- Find old maps showing how the town has evolved and include a series of images in the video to represent the changes.
- Edit the video to make it run smoothly – iMovie on a Mac is very user-friendly.
- Contact a community leader to show the video.
What You Need:
- Video camera
Who Is On Board