Record a Life Story
Record and write the life story of an elderly family member or friend (i.e. a Holocaust survivor.)
- Number of Hours: 2
Do it Yourself Project
What To Do:
- Contact an elderly family member or friend and organize a few meetings to record his/her life story.
- Bring a tape recorder and a notepad to record the story.
- Ask prompting questions if you feel more details would be helpful to the story.
- Listen to the recording in full and transcribe it. Do any necessary research to ensure names and facts are recorded correctly.
- Have the storyteller read the finished product to see if any corrections or additions should be made.
What You Need:
- Tape recorder
- Notepad and pen
- Computer and printer
Who Is On Board